It’s a been a while since articles have been posted and knowledge has been shared with you on this site, but I can’t say that you have forgotten our website because the web traffic has been doing very well. For some time now, I’ve been thinking on what to share with you and I’ve decided to start with a list of books and a quote which have personally played a key role shaping and reshaping my perspective of life and the World.
The books aren’t in any typical order but I encourage you to look into them, because they too may help shape your perspectives.
- The Alchemist
- “Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should lead their lives, but none about his or her own.”
- Jack: Straight from the Gut
- “Getting the right people in the right jobs is a lot more important than developing a strategy.”
- Secrets of the Millionaire Mind: Mastering the Inner Game of Wealth
- “The purpose of our lives is to add value to the people of this generation and those that follow.”
- The World Is Flat 3.0: A Brief History of the Twenty-first Century
- “You have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future.”
- Success Built to Last: Creating a Life that Matters
- “The essential difference with Builders is that they’ve found something to do that matters to them and are therefore so passionately engaged, they rise above the personality baggage that would otherwise hold them down. Whatever they are doing has so much meaning to them that the cause itself provides charisma and they plug into it as if it was electrical current.”
- Lords of Finance: The Bankers Who Broke the World
- “Not every mistake is a foolish one…”
- Social Intelligence: The New Science of Human Relationships
- “We have a bit of self-interest in relieving the misery of others. One school of modern economic theory, following Hobbes, argues that people give to charities in part because of the pleasure they get from imagining either the relief of those they benefit or their own relief from alleviating their sympathetic distress.”
- The Power of Positive Thinking
- “Stand up to an obstacle. Just stand up to it, that’s all, and don’t give way under it, and it will finally break. You will break it. Something has to break, and it won’t be you, it will be the obstacle.”
- Thinking, Fast and Slow
- “Nothing in life is as important as you think it is, while you are thinking about it”
- David and Goliath: Underdogs, Misfits, and the Art of Battling Giants
- “Courage is not something that you already have that makes you brave when the tough times start. Courage is what you earn when you’ve been through the tough times and you discover they aren’t so tough after all.”
- Emotional Intelligence 2.0
- “Remember, feedback is meant to address the problem, not the person.”
- Titan: The Life of John D Rockefeller, Sr.
- “Do not many of us who fail to achieve big things … fail because we lack concentration—the art of concentrating the mind on the thing to be done at the proper time and to the exclusion of everything else?”
- Mike Bloomberg: Money, Power, Politics
- “My mother and my father both, you know, the term would be, ‘suck it up and just get on with it’; ‘don’t let bad things that happen to you stop you’; ‘you’re in control of your life’.”
- Andrew Carnegie
- “Teamwork is the ability to work together toward a common vision. The ability to direct individual accomplishments toward organizational objectives. It is the fuel that allows common people to attain uncommon results.””
- “Effective people know when to stop assessing and make a tough call, even without total information. Little is worse than a manager who can’t cut bait.”
Hope you enjoy them as much as I did!