The latest report from Solar Energy Industries Association provided great news about the Solar Industry in the United States.
The Solar industry is continuing to grow at a wonderful rate. Here are some current facts:
- In the United States there are over 20,000* Megawatts of cumulative solar electric capacity. This energy can power over 4 million average US homes.
- More than 600,000 businesses and homes have gone solar.
- As of this September, prices of Photovoltaic Systems (Solar Panels) have declined to $2.71 per each Watt.
- Comparing today’s prices with 2010, the average Photovoltaic system price has dropped by 63%
- Corporations in the U.S. are going solar!
- This includes Walmart, IKEA, Macy’s, Apple, Google and much more.
- Top 25 corporate users have more than doubled their solar capacity since 2012.
- Leading States for Solar power are:
- New Jersey
- North Carolina
- New York
- New Mexico
- The solar industry employees over 143,000 workers. This is roughly a 20% increase since 2012.
- The employees are spread over 6100 businesses.
- In Conclusion: There has been a great increase in the value of the Solar industry
- 2011 – Valuation: $8.6 billion
- 2012 – Valuation $11.5 billion
- 2013 – Valuation $13.7 billion
- 2014 – Valuation $16.45 billion*
This is great news for the United States, and for the Planet!